Today itself is another big milestone - Ryan's last official day at the office! His company has been extremely supportive of our plans and is allowing him to work remotely until our appointment in March, after which we will become employed by the IMB. It was a strange realization last night that he wouldn't be going off to work every Monday through Friday anymore. It feels as if the last piece of normalcy in our lives will now be gone, but that's a good thing, right? One step closer...
We are getting ready to start another leg of our journey - next week we will be temporarily leaving Flower Mound and heading to Amarillo, TX and Springfield, CO to spend some time with Ryan's parents and grandparents. We will also have the opportunity to visit more family & friends in Colorado Springs, and are even going to spend a few days skiing! We are truly blessed by the way God has worked out the details to allow us the time we have had with my family and the time we will have with Ryan's family as well.
It seems like the time here at my parent's house has gone by quickly, but in another sense, it feels like a lifetime ago that we actually lived in our house in McKinney!:) I'm amazed at the way we've adapted to our situation, that fact that it feels completely normal now to tiptoe into our room after Carter is asleep, quietly get our jammies on to go to bed, then rush to turn off the alarm in the morning so it doesn't wake Carter up. I was a little nervous about the arrangements here, but it's worked out well and I can't help but think about the day we'll look back and laugh about all the little quirks. I can't believe I'm doing this, but for the sake of "memories", I thought I'd post a picture of our room here. Keep in mind that everything we use on a regular basis is stashed somewhere in this room (other than the kids clothes, which are in the closet in "Kamryn's room")
No, I'm not proud of the organization (or lack thereof), but it's the best I could do! Also for the record, Carter has really enjoyed his Bed Tent that he got for Christmas!
One last milestone that I feel needs to be mentioned is a source of great sadness for me. This Sunday will be our last official day at our church, Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church. We hope to be back a few Sundays here and there before we leave, but we can't be sure about that, so unfortunately this is week we must say our goodbyes. There's no way for me to describe what our church has meant to us over the past 7 1/2 years, so I'm not even going to try. We are so grateful for the lifelong friendships we've made and know that we will always be at home there when we return. We also appreciate the way that God used people and events at our church to lead us to where we are now, and pray that other members of the church will be as blessed as we have been!
And now, it's time for me to sign off and begin a weekend of packing...again!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment