Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crate Day!

I have some catching up to do, so here goes...

On October 20th, we were so excited to have our belongings delivered that were shipped over from the States!  We were fortunate that the only method for delivery to Romania was air freight, so our things got here just 2 weeks after we did.  The company did a great job getting it cleared through customs and delivered it to our door.  They came at 9am and were finished unloading by 10!

 Let the unloading begin...

 Kamryn's taking a break and guarding the boxes of kitchen stuff

 The kids checked to make sure the truck was empty before it left!

 The movers started helping us unpack the boxes until we got overwhelmed not knowing where to put things, so we kindly told them we would just finish on our own.

 Carter opening his box of toys...it really was like Christmas for him!  "Oh, look at this!  Oh, I forgot about these! Hey, there's my Superman costume!..."

For nearly a year we have traveled around with all our meager belongings...it was kind of strange having all this other stuff to unpack now!  We didn't send too much over, but it was still a weird feeling.

When we packed up our crate last March, I had ho idea that the thing I would be happiest to see was my maternity clothes:).  I packed them up at the last minute thinking that I might be glad to have them in a few years...little did I know I would need them so soon!  I'm happy to have a little more variety in my wardrobe now:).  

Aside from that, I would say that I was most excited to have my kitchen supplies, and Ryan was glad to have his tools again.  We both enjoyed unpacking the few nick-knacks, decorations, and pictures we decided to bring.  It has definitely made our house here feel more like home.  

I knew that I had packed lots of random food and medicine as well, but had forgotten specifically what I brought.  Even though we had only been here a couple of weeks, it was exciting to find the large jar of salsa, a bottle of syrup (very expensive here), cooking spices, taco seasoning, peanut butter, and much more! 

It took us several days to get things unpacked - it was both exciting and overwhelming!  We are starting to feel more settled and happy to have our things here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment