Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Following the Doctor's orders...

Yesterday we had appointments for Kamryn's 2-year well visit and Alexa's 4-month visit, so we picked Carter up from school and took a family trip to the pediatrician's office.  The girls got weighed and measured, then had their vaccinations - not the most fun experience, but they both did great!  Carter had woken up that morning with a stuffy nose and was concerned about his "cold."  He kept asking if he could ask the doctor what to do about his cold...so once all the official business was taken care of, I let him ask the doctor his questions.  She was a great sport and took his concern very seriously...she checked out his ears, throat, and breathing.  She assured him that it wasn't anything more serious than a cold and gave him her recommendations: get lots of rest and eat a lot of vitamin C.  Her food suggestions were: orange juice, lemon juice, apples, kiwi, green and red peppers, and a few others that I can't remember at this moment.

Since then, Carter has been extremely concerned about eating the right things because "I'm really tired of this cold and I want to get better."  He made sure to drink orange juice with breakfast and lunch today, and ate all his soup without complaining because it had red peppers and carrots in it! :)  He also asked me to take him to the store so he could pick out the foods that he "needs":

 Here he is filling our basket with fruits and veggies!

I'm hoping that his cold does clear up quickly so that he doesn't lose faith in the doctor's advice...I'll keep you posted!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment