Having two children that share the same birthday can be a bit challenging. We try each year to make sure that it is special for both of them, and to be honest, I probably go overboard trying to compensate for this! We recently decided that the best way to handle birthday parties is to alternate years between Carter and Kamryn; meaning that one year Kamryn will have an official party with friends and then the next year will be Carter's turn. And we will always have a family celebration with both of them so that no one feels like their birthday was "skipped." It may not be a perfect system, but it's the best we can do for now! :)
This year, we started with Kamryn. (Being the oldest, Carter has had plenty of fun parties, so no need to feel sorry for him... :) ) This was her first official party and I had a lot of fun planning a "girlie" party! I scoured Pinterest to find ideas that would be do-able with the resources we have here. So we decided to have a tea party just for girls, complete with teacups, butterfly-shaped sandwiches, Hello Kitty and lots of pink and purple. It also helped that I discovered a new store in Romania called Jumbo. When I heard about it, it was described as IKEA-meets-Target...honestly, I couldn't quite picture what this meant. But after my first trip there, I think that's the perfect description! They had many things I had never before found in Bucharest, and also a larger selection of things than I've ever seen here in one place. It was glorious! (It's probably good that it is located on the complete opposite side of town from us)
So, here are a few pics from Kami's Birthday Tea Party...
 |
| The adult table |
 |
| The food table |
 |
| The little girls table |
 |
| Kami & Alexa with their friend, Erika |
 |
| Kami and her friend, Beatriz |
|
 |
| Cupcakes! |
 |
| Kami's favorite |
 |
| Decorating their "teacups" |
 |
| The tea party ladies |
It was a great day and Kami loved it all! I can't believe my little girl is 4 years old!
No comments:
Post a Comment